What Do You Think About the Closing of Sears Hardware?
Sears Hardware is scheduled to close this summer.
Here are some comments residents posted on our Facebook page:
- De Bellofatto Keimach said, "It's like a hidden gem. I can't count how many times we've run up there to grab something. I'll miss them."
- "Wow. How sad. Another sign, perhaps, that we need change in this town's management?" Penny Morang Richards said.
- Jennifer G. Casoli Vant said, "Too bad. We shop there a lot."
- "The whole of Rt 28 is too empty. Stores closing all over the place. I think the town needs to scout out some good businesses to bring to town. We will look like a ghost town soon if stores dont stop closing. And by all means lets not build anymore retail space," Sandy Spears Griffin said.
- Ann Marie Wright said, "I'm not sure that Stop N Shop is the best anchor store for a number of reasons. I still wish a Market Basket went in there... I agree with everyone though, the length of route 28 is starting to look sad and shabby and, frankly, embarrassing. The businesses aren't paying any more taxes than the homeowners... I don't get it."
Let us know what you think about the store closing in the comments section below.