Winchester Man Arrested for OUI, Possession of Drugs, Other Charges in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 12:07 a.m. Wednesday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Quimby Road, Neil Hosford, 50, of 9 Verplast St., Winchester was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor third offense, failure to stop for a police officer, a marked lanes violation and possession of a class B drug.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
- At 1:17 a.m., a Larch Road resident reported that someone damaged her vehicle.
- At 12:23 p.m., a caller reported several hypodermic needles found on the side of Old Andover Road. Police were unable to locate the needles.
- At 5:11 p.m., a caller reported that he struck a deer on Park Street.
- At 6:59 p.m., a caller reported finding two needles on Burroughs Road. Police retrieved the needles.
- At 7:04 p.m., a caller reported that a woman exited a vehicle and started walking in the road on Main Street. As a result of the call, a 36-year-old North Reading woman was held in protective custody.
- At 7:05 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 10:04 p.m., a Bishops Way resident reported seeing an 18-year-old male in his driveway and then his garage door was opened. Police checked the area, but could not locate the male.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
- At 3:27 p.m., a caller reported an erratic operator on Main Street. Police were unable to locate the driver.
- At 3:34 p.m., a caller reported long hair hanging out of the back of a vehicle parked on Main Street. Police investigated and found that it was a prank by the driver of the vehicle. The hair was removed and placed in the trunk.
- At 11:48 p.m., a caller reported harassing phone calls.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- At 7:51 a.m., a caller reported an erratic operator who was littering on Marblehead Street. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- At 12:49 p.m., a caller reported a fight on Leland Road. Police reported to the scene, broke up the fight and sent the parties on their way.
- At 7:21 p.m., a caller reported receiving threats from a property owner. The owner was advised that he would have to go through the proper legal process and not threaten tenants.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.