Invite a friend
Chinese Culture Day
Jennifer Zhang of Winchester School of Chinese Culture will be entertaining and educating us all about traditional Chinese Culture. She will show a beautiful slide show of Shen Yun Performing Arts. The world’s premier classical Chinese dance and music company. Shen Yun presents colorful and exhilarating performances of classical Chinese dance and music as it once was: a study in grace, wisdom, and the virtues distilled from the five thousand years of Chinese civilization. They will be performing live at the Boston Opera House in Feb 2013. As part of this exciting presentation attendees will enjoy Chinese Green tea and Almond cookies. Also, learn how to make Lotus flower Origami. Registration required.
More About Reading Senior Center
The Pleasant Street Senior Center offers health and wellness, recreation, events, crafts, classes, lunch and transportation services.
Reading Elder/Human Services' goal is to help seniors live meaningful lives of dignity, enjoyment and useful purpose. It seeks to improve and enrich the lives of seniors with opportunities to be independent, celebrate life and reach their fullest potential. It also offers a variety of programs.
Jane Burns is the interim administrator for elder/human services.
Other events here
- Zumba at Senior Center Weekly on Mondays, 9:15 am
- Motion to Music at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Computer Classes at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Klickity Klack Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Zumba (R) Gold at the Reading Pleasant Street Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- B.E.S.T. at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am
- Painting Group at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Electronic Gadgets - what are they? Tue, Jun 4, 10:15 am
- Diabetes: The Role of Nutrition Thu, Jun 6, 10:15 am
- Parkinson's Disease Support Group Monthly, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm