Invite a friend
Holiday Lunch & Show (A Christmas Carol)
The Delvena Theatre Company will present a dramatic reading of the Charles Dickens’ classic, A Christmas Carol, at the Reading Senior Center, 49 Pleasant Street, Reading on Tuesday, December 18, at 1:15 PM. Lunch is served at noon.
Watch in fascination as Marley comes back from the dead to help Scrooge amend his miserly ways here on earth and transform himself in a pleasant, giving old gentleman. With the help of three ghosts – the Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present and the Ghost of Christmas Future – the audience will be mesmerized as old Scrooge takes a long look at his life and reevaluates its path.
Classic Christmas music will put the finishing touch on this wonderful message of hope and love – so fitting for the Christmas season!
Reservations for lunch are required.
More About Reading Senior Center
The Pleasant Street Senior Center offers health and wellness, recreation, events, crafts, classes, lunch and transportation services.
Reading Elder/Human Services' goal is to help seniors live meaningful lives of dignity, enjoyment and useful purpose. It seeks to improve and enrich the lives of seniors with opportunities to be independent, celebrate life and reach their fullest potential. It also offers a variety of programs.
Jane Burns is the interim administrator for elder/human services.
Other events here
- Motion to Music at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Memory Loss What's Normal What's Not Today, May 23, 10:15 am
- B.E.S.T. at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am
- Painting Group at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Zumba at Senior Center Weekly on Mondays, 9:15 am
- Computer Classes at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Klickity Klack Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Zumba (R) Gold at the Reading Pleasant Street Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Electronic Gadgets - what are they? Tue, Jun 4, 10:15 am
- Diabetes: The Role of Nutrition Thu, Jun 6, 10:15 am