Invite a friend
Medication Safety Round Up & Brown Bag Lunch
On Friday, January 25, 2013 at 10:30 A.M., Reading Elder/Human Services in collaboration with the Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse and Mass College of Pharmacy is presenting a program on medication safety at the Pleasant Street Center. Learn about common medication interactions, safe storage and have your expired/unwanted medications disposed of properly in an earth friendly way. Pharmacists will be available for private consultations after the presentation.
Bring your old/expired medications in a plastic bag in their original containers. Personal information can be crossed out; information about the medication must be legible. For those who register by January 22, a free brown bag lunch will be available after the presentation.
Van transportation is available to seniors by calling the Sr. Center at (781) 942-6794.
More About Reading Senior Center
The Pleasant Street Senior Center offers health and wellness, recreation, events, crafts, classes, lunch and transportation services.
Reading Elder/Human Services' goal is to help seniors live meaningful lives of dignity, enjoyment and useful purpose. It seeks to improve and enrich the lives of seniors with opportunities to be independent, celebrate life and reach their fullest potential. It also offers a variety of programs.
Jane Burns is the interim administrator for elder/human services.
Other events here
- Motion to Music at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Memory Loss What's Normal What's Not Today, May 23, 10:15 am
- B.E.S.T. at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am
- Painting Group at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Zumba at Senior Center Weekly on Mondays, 9:15 am
- Computer Classes at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Klickity Klack Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Zumba (R) Gold at the Reading Pleasant Street Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Electronic Gadgets - what are they? Tue, Jun 4, 10:15 am
- Diabetes: The Role of Nutrition Thu, Jun 6, 10:15 am