Invite a friend
Not Too Stuffy Book Group at Senior Center Discusses...One Good Dog
The Not-Too-Stuffy Book Group will meet at the Senior Center, 49 Pleasant Street, on Thursday, February 16 at 1:00 p.m. to discuss One Good Dog by Susan Wilson. The discussion will be led by Barbara Currie.
Adam March, a successful corporate executive, loses his job over a foolish crime. He also loses his wife and the life he has worked so hard to achieve. Chance, a determined pit bull, is trying to escape the illegal dogfighting circuit. Adam, who is reluctantly fulfilling his community service requirement at a homeless shelter, comes upon the mangy animal who ends up being Adam's best shot at redemption.
Copies of this book are available at the Reading Public Library and at the Senior Center. All adults are welcome to attend this program, and no registration is necessary. The group meets in the Senior Center Lounge on the second floor.
More About Reading Senior Center
The Pleasant Street Senior Center offers health and wellness, recreation, events, crafts, classes, lunch and transportation services.
Reading Elder/Human Services' goal is to help seniors live meaningful lives of dignity, enjoyment and useful purpose. It seeks to improve and enrich the lives of seniors with opportunities to be independent, celebrate life and reach their fullest potential. It also offers a variety of programs.
Jane Burns is the interim administrator for elder/human services.
Other events here
- B.E.S.T. at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am
- Painting Group at Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–12:30 pm
- Zumba at Senior Center Weekly on Mondays, 9:15 am
- Computer Classes at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Motion to Music at Senior Center Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Klickity Klack Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Zumba (R) Gold at the Reading Pleasant Street Center Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm–2:30 pm
- Electronic Gadgets - what are they? Tue, Jun 4, 10:15 am
- Diabetes: The Role of Nutrition Thu, Jun 6, 10:15 am
- Parkinson's Disease Support Group Monthly, 1:30 pm–3:00 pm