1. Happening Monday: The Board of Selectmen gets back to work on Monday in Reading when it holds a joint meeting with the School Committee at 7:45 p.m. in order to appoint a new School Committee member. The meeting takes place inside the Superintendent's conference room at Reading Memorial High School.
2. Also Happening Monday: There are also several other groups in action as well. The Housing Authority meets at 5:30 p.m., the Council on Aging hosts a 6:30 p.m. session, the West Street Historic District Commission has a meeting at 7 p.m., and the Community Planning and Development Commission is also in action at 7:30 p.m.
3. Rockets in Action: After a busy weekend of sports, Reading High School gets right back at it on Monday. The boys soccer team hosts Burlington at 3:45 p.m., the girls soccer team travels to the same opponent at 6 p.m., and the girls volleyball team hits the road against Wilmington at 4 p.m.
4. Sunny Start: The week will get off to a perfect start as temperatures will hit about 71 degrees on Monday with sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service. Be ready though. This will really heat up later in the week.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it over the weekend, be sure to check out our latest Home of the Week.
Editor's Note: This post was corrected at 9:35 a.m. to indicate the correct meeting information for the joint Board of Selectmen and School Committee meeting.