There’s no set open date yet, but construction is happening at Bunratty’s Tavern on Main Street.
According to the owners of the traditional Irish pub, all of the permits have been pulled and work is ongoing inside the restaurant.
There’s even a lunch menu on the Bunratty website here.
But what can you expect if you’re headed to Bunratty for your lunch break? Here’s a sampling from the menu:
- Bunratty Hot Corned Beef Sandwich: House cooked corned beef, piled high with a horseradish mustard sauce
- Dublin Chicken Sandwich: Grilled Breast of Chicken, Irish Bacon, scallion mayonnaise
- Traditional Shepherds Pie: Ground beef sautéed with onions, carrots, In a savory broth, topped with mashed potato
- Country Cottage Pie: Chicken breast simmered in a savory sauce with Carrots, peas & mushrooms, topped with mashed potato
- The Bunratty Irish Sampler: A trio of our homemade traditional dishes, beef stew, Shepherds pie and cottage pie.
- Irish Mixed Grill: Irish sausage, rashers, steak tips, baked beans & pub chips
- Bangers & Mash: Irish pork sausages served with mashed potato & gravy
- Guinness Steak Tips: Prime aged steak tips marinated in our own Guinness marinade, served with fresh vegetables, mashed potato or pub chips.
The tavern is moving into the M.F. Charles building, which, upon completion, will include a wide variety of businesses: Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt, Northern Bank and Trust and D’Amici’s Bakery and more. Town officials have said in the past that the project is expected to dynamically change Reading's Main Street experience.