For this week’s Patch Picks, we asked you where you can find the best burgers in the area. Your fellow readers made a handful of recommendations, and I have filled out the list as necessary.
- , 40 Walkers Brook Drive: This strictly-burger joint got three votes from our readers along with this helpful comment in an email: “I love how the burgers come made to order and are so greasy and delicious. Nothing fancy, just a good old-fashioned burger. And who doesn't love their toppings bar?”
- , 67 Main Street, Stoneham: This burger chain aroused a lot of excitement in Stoneham residents by setting up shop in town and serving up its particularly indulgent variety of hamburgers and French fries.
- , Davis Square, Somerville: This restaurant, another strictly-burger joint, also got a vote. In addition to supplying some of the biggest burgers you’ll ever struggle to eat, their menu includes a handful of truly-odd offerings, including a burger made of conch and an old-fashioned burger topped with peanut butter, bacon and fried bananas.
- UBURGER, 140 Tremont Street , Boston: Here’s one to keep in mind when you find yourself in Boston. UBURGER opened a new location on Boston Common. This Boston-based chain specializes in quickly-served burgers with off-beat toppings. One of the chain’s favorites seems to be jalapenos. So, be prepared for some spice.
- , 49 High Street, Reading: This restaurant hasn’t put its personal stamp on hamburgers so much as it has stuck to an old formula that still works. On top of that, they’re inexpensive. For less than $3, you can sit down with an old-school burger in a wax wrap and watch the train come in.