A survey from Darden Restaurants Inc. concluded that 70 percent of people prefer to eat healthy when dining at a restaurant, according to the Wall Street Journal. Darden Restaurants is the largest full-service restaurant company in this country and they own LongHorn Steakhouse, the Wall Street Journal said.
"What's tricky is they might not always eat that way," Director of health and wellness for Darden Cheryl Dolven said in the Wall Street Journal article, referring to patrons who prefer to have a low calorie option.On the Flavorful Under 500 menu at LongHorn, you will find eight items that contain less than 500 calories. The following options are served with fresh vegetables or green beans:
- Flo's Filet 7 oz. $16.99
- Renegade Sirloin 6 oz. $10.99 8 oz. $13.29
- Flat Iron Steak 7 oz. $12.99
- Sierra Chicken lighter portion $9.29
- Napa Grilled Chicken $9.99
- Redrock Grilled Shrimp $12.29
- Grilled Fresh Rainbow Trout $11.79
- LongHorn Salmon 7 oz. $13.29
Have you tried LongHorn's Flavorful Under 500 menu? Do you prefer to eat low calorie meals when you are dining out? Share your thoughts with us!