Have some items to donate? Want to give back to those in need? The Community Services Office sent out a newsletter listing the following charitable giving options:
- Big Brother Big Sister Foundation. Contact the foundation by calling 800-483-5503. You can schedule a pick up online. They accept clothing and house hold items.
- Epilepsy Foundation. Contact them by calling 888-322-8209 They accept clothing and furniture. They also have a drop off bin at Lucci’s Market Plaza in Wilmington.
- Mass Coalition for the Homeless. Call 781-595-7570 x13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup. They accept furniture, household items and linens.
- Mission of Deeds. Call 781-944-9797 to schedule a pick up or drop off of furniture or household items.
- Salvation Army. Call 800-728-7825 or go online to schedule a pick up. They accept clothing, furniture, and household items. You can drop off items at the Salvation Army Store at 625 Main St., Wilmington. The store hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Call 800-675-2882 to schedule a pick up for furniture. Or drop off clothing and household items at their Thrift Store at 701 Merrimack St., Lowell.
- Vietnam Veterans of America. Call 800-775-8387 or visit www.vva.org to schedule a pickup.
Organizations with local drop off locations only:
- American Red Cross. They accept clothing and household items. The closest donation bin is located at China Cuisine, 235 Main St., North Reading.
- Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries. They accepts clothing and household items. Drop items off at their donation center at Whole Foods Market on 400 Cambridge Rd., Woburn.
- New England Center for Homeless Veterans. They accept food, clothing, new underwear and socks, toiletries, and linens. There is an urgent need for shoes, sneakers, and boots. Donations can be dropped off at 17 Court St., Boston at anytime.
- Rosie’s Place. They accept clothing, toiletries, non-perishable foods, towels and facecloths, new twin size sheets and blankets, coffee mugs, children’s books, buttons and jewelry, and playing cards. You can drop off donations at 889 Harrison Ave., Boston on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- St. Francis House. They accept clothing. If you would like to donate, pull up in front of the St. Francis House at 39 Boylston St., Boston and turn your hazard lights on. A staff member will assist you. Donations times are on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and weekends from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tailored for Success. Call 781-324-0499 for information on how to donate. They accept business attire for men, women and teens.