With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Homegoods and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Calareso's or Boston Flower Market for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to the Paper Store of Reading and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Cookies and Cream and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Play It Again Sports and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Paper Store of Reading for monogrammed stationary that makes for a simple, yet personal gift.
- Go to the Lumina Salon or Skin Savvy and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Take a look at the website for each of these stores:
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.