Today is Monday, Dec. 10. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. Today will be partly cloudy with a high near 44, tonight a low around 39.
2. Reading CPDC. The CPDC will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Reading Town Hall.
3. Caroling. Both Reading Memorial High School and North Reading High School will offer caroling this year.
Reading: The Reading Memorial Select Choral Ensemble will sing Christmas carols for $25 at your home or office. Fifteen minute time slots are available on Dec. 21 and 22 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Email email@example.com to request an appointment. Include your address and preferred date.
North Reading: Call Eric Forman at 978-664-7800 x308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book the NRHS Chorus and Band to serenade you at your home or office. The minimum requested price $50.00 for 20 minutes, and members will often ask if you could pass around a hat or bucket at the event. Performances are available from Dec. 7-9 and Dec. 14-16.
4. Gingerbread Houses. Stop by the Flint Memorial Library at 4 p.m. to make Gingerbread houses. Registration is required.
5. Reading Boy Scout. Last week the selectmen commended Boy Scout Jacob Westerman for his fire hydrant locator Eagle Scout project. Working with town officials, Westerman raised money to buy 150 poles, used to find hydrants in heavy snow, prioritized where to place them and led a group of scouts to put them up.