Today is Wednesday, Jan. 9. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. There is a chance of snow today with a high near 39, tonight a low around 28.
2. Reading Finance Committee. The Finance Committee will meet at Reading Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.
3. North Reading Finance Committee. The Finance Committee will meet at North Reading Town Hall at 7 p.m. A school project update and budget discussions are both items on the agenda.
4. Nutrition for the New Year. Stop by the Reading Public Library to learn about healthy recipes from nutrition expert Anna Tourkakis, author of Delicious Simplicity: Recipes for Today’s Busy Life. Tourkakis will prepare an easy-to-follow daily menu.
5. Bingo. Take a break from your day and play a game of Bingo at the Edith A. O'Leary Senior Center at 1:15 p.m.