Today is Tuesday, June 5. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Weather: Today’s weather should be an improvement on the dreadful weather on Monday, but don’t expect to see the sun. Today’s highs should reach near 60 degrees with showers possible. We may see the sun again on Thursday.
2. Baseball and softball games today: A rain-soaked Monday washed out the baseball and softball high school playoff games. The games are now scheduled for today.
Baseball – Reading vs. Lynn Classical is scheduled for 4 p.m. at ; and North Reading vs. Swampscott at 3:30 p.m. at . Both games are quarterfinals.
Softball – North Reading vs. Saugus will be held at 3:30 p.m. at .
3. Reading interviews on Thursday: The Reading Public Schools announced the for assistant principal for athletics and extra-curricular activities. The three finalists will have open microphone sessions with the community beginning at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 7 in the Patrick A. Schettini Library Media Center.
The finalists are:
- Caitlin Annicelli, Advanced Placement Social Studies Teacher and Girls Varsity Soccer Coach, Foxborough High School
- Allen Melanson, Career and Technical Education Department Chair, Marietta High School, Marietta, GA
- John Harrison, Mathematics Teacher, , and Boys Varsity Tennis Coach, Lynnfield High School
4. Bring Back the Fourth meeting tonight: The North Reading Bring Back the 4th Committee will hold a general meeting at 7 p.m. tonight in the Selectmen’s Room at Town Hall. There is now less than a month until the Fourth and volunteers are trying to raise money to bring a Fourth of July event back to North Reading.
You can donate on the committee’s site: http://www.nrbringbackthe4th.org/.
5. Live chat with Richard Tisei on Friday: We will be hosting a live chat with Congressional candidate Richard Tisei on Friday. This comes after our last month.
Start thinking of your questions for the former Senate minority leader.