Today is Tuesday, Oct. 16. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. The temperature will reach 57 degrees today and drop to 39 overnight. Expect partly cloudy skies.
2. Reading Selectmen. The Reading Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Reading Town Hall. Two Liquor License Infraction hearings are on the agenda.
3. Presentation by Rosalind Wiseman. At 7 p.m., Rosalind Wiseman who is recognized for being an expert on children, teens, parenting, bullying and more will give a free presentation for adults at Reading Memorial High School.
4. Edible books. Stop by the Flint Memorial Library to make your own collection of small edible books. They will use a variety of edible materials to make one or a collection of books. Supplies are not guaranteed to be allergen-free.
5. Cradles to Crayons Drive. State Sen. Katherine Clark is partnering with Cradles to Crayons to benefit children in need. Cradles to Crayons collects new and gently used clothing, art supplies, baby supplies like blankets and car seats, and other necessities in drop boxes around the district. A collection box has been placed in the Burbank YMCA and will remain there until Oct. 26. On October 27, the collected items will be sorted at the Melrose Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Volunteers are needed.