Today is Monday, Oct. 22. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. The temperature will reach 59 degrees today and drop to 45 overnight. Expect partly cloudy skies.
2. North Reading School Committee. The School Committee will meet at North Reading Middle School at 7 p.m. The school building project ground breaking ceremony and North Reading Education Foundation presentation are both items on the agenda.
3. Boston Cupcake Girl. Boston Cupcake Girl is in Reading at the Chocolate Truffle Thursday through Saturday. Most cupcakes are nut free, but they are made in a facility in the presence of nuts.
4. Cradles to Crayons Drive. State Sen. Katherine Clark is partnering with Cradles to Crayons to benefit children in need. Cradles to Crayons collects new and gently used clothing, art supplies, baby supplies like blankets and car seats, and other necessities in drop boxes around the district. A collection box has been placed in the Burbank YMCA and will remain there until Oct. 26. On October 27, the collected items will be sorted at the Melrose Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Volunteers are needed.
5. Reading Flu Clinic. Stop by Reading Town Hall for a flu shot between 6 and 7:30 p.m.