Did you miss some news this past week? Take a look at the top five stories:
1. What Our Dads Taught Us. With Father's Day just around the corner, we asked Reading and North Reading residents what exactly they've learned from their dad.
2. Parker Middle School Students Launch Project Bassoon. Parker Middle School students Julianne Mulvey and Alexandra Nazzaro's love for music and bassoons inspired them to launch a fundraising campaign to buy the instrument for the school's music program. The total cost for the bassoon is $4,395, and the pair has to raise $1,900 more to purchase it.
3. Coolidge Middle School Students Place in Science Poetry Contest. Five Coolidge Middle School students placed in Dr. Ladd's Massachusetts Science Poetry contest this year.
4. Reading Post Office May Be Shipped Out. The Reading Board of Selectmen recently received a bit of mail that they were't very excited about.
5. Spring Playoffs Were Memorable for Reading Teams. There was plenty of excitement this spring for Reading High School sports teams. A total of six Rocket teams played in at least one postseason game, while five out of those teams snagged at least one victory.