Did you miss some news this past week? Here are the five stories that topped the charts:
1. Reading Election Results 2013. Residents voted in the local election Tuesday at Reading Memorial High School. Take a look at the results
2. Francis Joseph Golden Elected to Board of Assessors by Write-In. No one was on the ballot Tuesday for the Board of Assessors. Several residents were added as write-ins, but Francis Joseph Golden was elected with 11 votes.
3. . Reading residents voted in the local election Tuesday, but the turnout was lower than expected. Of 17,594 registered voters, only 3,207 or 18.2 percent voted.
4. Finalists Chosen for New Coolidge Principal. Reading Public Schools announced the finalists for the position of Coolidge Middle School principal this week, according to the Daily Times Chronicle. Current principal Craig Martin was appointed to the position of Assistant Superintendent for Learning and Teaching. Martin will replace Patty de Garavilla after she retires in June. The finalists are Assistant Principal of Jonas Clarke Middle School in Lexington and Reading resident Jennifer Turner and former Headmaster of Dover-Sherborn Middle School Frederick A. Randall.
5. New Victim Emerges in Reading Man's Fraud Case. Another victim of forgery was discovered this past weekend, which may be in relation to a case involving a Reading resident who is allegedly behind a string of identity fraud, forgery and larceny incidents, according to the Daily Times Chronicle.