Did you miss some news this week? Want to know what the top stories were? Here is a list of the top five stories from this past week:
1. . obtained an arrest warrant for David Sanchez, 36, of 20 Chestnut St. on the charge of a subsequent offense of distribution of Heroin. The arrest warrant, issued by the Woburn District Court, was the result of an investigation into the distribution of Heroin within North Reading, police said.
2. . At six o’clock Tuesday morning children gathered at the for Vehicle Day. The library's parking lot was filled with vehicles, among them a Reading fire truck, police cruiser, Public Works wood chipper, snow plow, sidewalk plow, Light Department line truck and a brand-new JRM Hauling garbage truck. And LL Bean’s super-extra-large traveling boot.
3. . The Middlesex County Warlords, a semi-pro football team, will be playing their home games at .
4. . The third annual Mike Boyd Open was held Aug. 17. alums have raised more than $30,000 in the last three years for lung cancer research in memory of their friend, RMHS athlete and coach Mike Boyd.
5. . The selectmen reviewed a draft Tuesday of warrant articles for fall Town Meeting -- technically Subsequent Town Meeting – which will start Nov. 13. One article would authorize a debt exclusion for renovations and an addition to the town . Renovations are planned for the library, which was built as an elementary school, Town Manager Peter Hechenbleikner pointed out, plus an addition.