Reading residents are ringing in 2014 on Tuesday night and continuing into New Year's Day on Wednesday. As a result, many businesses in town may have different hours than normal, and some may be closed altogether.
That's not the case for all businesses, however. For example, according to one Reading Patch Facebook follower, Zinga Frozen Yogurt on Haven Street will be open on Wednesday.
Here is a list of what types of businesses will be open to start 2014:
- Reading Town offices: Closed
- Reading Public Schools: Closed
- Reading Public Library: Closed
- Post Office: Closed
- Restaurants: Open at owner’s discretion
- Retail stores: Open at owner’s discretion
- Supermarkets: Open at owner's discretion
- Liquor stores: Open
- Banks: Closed
- Gas stations: Open
- Movie theaters: Open
Do you know of a Reading business that has different hours than usual on New Year's Day? Let us know in the comments section below.
From all of us at Reading Patch, have a happy and safe New Year!