The weather is finally improving, and that means that we have the rare New England pleasure of being able to dine outsie. You might think that you have to travel to Boston for outdoor dining, but our Reading Foodie this month rounded up places with outdoor dining right here in town.
- , 45 Walkers Brook Drive, a chain known for Italian fare is also a good choice for families as it offers a wide children's menu. The patio has 8 tables and, although they have call-ahead seating, you cannot specifically request to be outside. The restaurant is open Sunday-Thursday from 11am-10pm and Friday and Saturday 11am-11pm. The phone number is 781-942-2001 or check out the website.
- The , 42 High Street, is known for healthy and fresh alternative takeout and catering. The restaurant has nearly no indoor seating, but it does have outside tables right across from the train station. The Green Tomato is open Monday through Friday, 11am-8pm and is closed on weekends except for catering. The phone number is 781-942-0540 or check out the website.
- Grumpy Doyles, 530 Main Street, known for its Irish fare, has opened up its patio seating. Co-owner Zeke Janas said they have 11 tables with umbrellas which can seat up to 40 people. The hours are 11:30am-midnight 7 days a week. The phone number is 781-942-2822 or check out the website.
- at the Reading Train Depot is open for breakfast and lunch with some outside seating. Why not relax with a croissant and coffee while waiting to board the commuter train to start your work day? The cafe's specialty is Swiss pretzel rolls. They also offer deli sandwiches on home made bread and rolls for lunch. The hours are Mon-Fri, 5:30am-4pm, Sat 7am-2pm. The phone number is 781-354-6989 and you can check out their website.
What else is new for the month of June?
- Sam's Bistro, 107 Main Street, has a Valpak coupon that can be used Sun-Thurs. If you buy any lunch or dinner item, you get one free of equal or lesser value. The coupon expires June 15. The restaurant is open Sun-Wed,11am-10pm, Thur-Sat 11am-11pm. The phone number is 781-944-7267 or check out the website.