- , 149 North St, North Reading, 8:00am. Check out this free and open to all golf tourney, and test your skills against locals on the links.
- , , 7:30pm–9:00pm. What is Irish Set Dancing? To put it simply, eight people create a square formation, and follow a series of movements using simple footwork. More than that, it's cultural, musical, social, good exercise, and it’s fun! Only $7 a lesson!.
- 9:00am–9:00pm. Come sign up for Readings Summer reading program which lasts until August 27th and covers works from all over the world.
- , 2:00pm–6:00pm. The Farm Hill Farmers Market returns to the Town Common. This is a wonderful opportunity to buy just picked fruits, vegetables, home-made pies, fresh baked bread, cheeses, teas, herbs, etc.
- , 40 Swan Pond Rd, North Reading, 6:00pm–7:30pm. Learn to paint and draw in a fun, relaxed atmosphere; all materials are included and its sure to be a fun and educational time. It is $85 a session.
- , , 7:00pm. Sit in on this Committee meeting and follow the economic direction of the town.
- total body workout class complete with aerobics, weight training, and stretching. Its $15 for a month, or $3 a session if you drop in.
- , 9:00am–2:00pm. The American Red Cross will hold several community blood drives during the month of August. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed everyday to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need.
- , 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, 5:00pm–7:30pm. For two days this August, the Red Sox Wives take over Fenway Park to collect donations for The Greater Boston Food Bank, the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and one of the largest food banks in the country.