The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Thursday through Tuesday. The information is open to the public.
At 6:39 p.m. Friday, a caller reported a minor car accident on Walkers Brook Drive. A male fled from the accident on foot with a dog. The dog was found in the parking lot of the Longhorn Steakhouse. The male, Christopher K. Gray, 39, of Peter Tufts Road in Arlington was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of drugs and a marked lanes violation. The dog was later picked up by Gray's sister.
At 2:57 a.m. Saturday, a Grove Street resident reported that a car struck his fence and the driver sped off. Police found that a dangerous curve sign in the area was knocked down. Police pulled over a vehicle with front end damage and arrested Thomas Hrynowski, 21, of 37B Richardson Avenue, Wakefield on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of liquor, leaving the scene after property damage and a marked lanes violation.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- At 10:04 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Washington Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 3:23 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Oakland Road. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:45 p.m., an employee from the Honda Gallery reported $4,500 missing. Police are investigating.
Friday, Feb. 1
- At 5:35 p.m., a Lowell Street resident reported that her house was egged.
- At 5:43 p.m., a caller reported youths, who appeared to be intoxicated, walking on Hopkins Street. Police spoke to the youths, but did not see any signs of intoxication.
- At 9:02 p.m., a Gavin Circle resident reported that his mailbox was damaged.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- At 12:10 a.m., a caller reported a house party near Back Bay Court. Police did not find a house party, but did see that a house had been toilet papered.
- At 10:06 a.m., a Briarwood Avenue resident reported that his mailbox was damaged overnight.
- At 7:32 p.m., an Intervale Terrace resident reported that her house was egged.
Sunday, Feb. 3
- At 12:51 a.m., a Reading female was held in protective custody after falling asleep in the back of a taxi.
- At 7:21 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Forest Street. A minor injury was reported. A Reading male was summonsed for leaving the scene after property damage.
Monday, Feb. 4
- At 9:56 a.m., the chef from Macaroni Grill reported being threatened by another chef.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
- At 9:45 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Charles Street. No injuries were reported.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com