The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, Dec. 7
- At 9:16 a.m., a caller reported an erratic driver on Main Street. Police stopped the driver and found that he was distracted while driving.
- At 3:19 p.m., a caller reported a hypodermic needle on Burroughs Road. Police retrieved the needle.
- At 6:26 p.m., a caller reported that someone let the air out of one of his tires while he was parked at Stop & Shop.
- At 6:59 p.m., a Gillis Drive resident reported hearing gun shots in her backyard. Police searched the area, but did not find anything.
- At 9:50 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Macintyre Drive. When the caller approached the vehicle the driver sped away. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- At 12:05 a.m., a Greenbriar Drive resident reported a loud gathering outside. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 1:40 a.m., a caller reported two men dumping bottles in a parking lot on Main Street. Police spoke with those involved and all of the items were picked up.
- At 7:41 p.m., a caller requested an officer for a past assault and battery.
- At 11 p.m., an officer reported a house being toilet papered near Marblehead Street.
Sunday, Dec. 9
- At 12:27 a.m., the manager of approached an officer monitoring their closing and said she thought his presence was bad for business. The officer told the manager that he was there due to a complaint from residents. The manager asked if she could file a cross complaint.
- At 8:34 a.m., an officer reported damage to several mailboxes on Kings Row, Marblehead Street, Haverhill Street and Bishops Way.
- At 12:45 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident on Elm Street.
- At 2:17 p.m., an employee from Walmart reported a past shoplifting.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.