The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Tuesday, August 13
- At 2:11 a.m. officers located a group of youths throwing rocks at signs in the area of Green and High Street.
- At 9:37 a.m. police received notice about a possible rabies exposure that took place the day before.
- At 7:37 p.m. a call came in for a possible drug overdose by a 58-year-old woman.
Wednesday August 14
- At 10:15 a.m. dispatch received a call for a raccoon that was stuck in a dumpster on Main Street.
- At 6:57 p.m. a South Street caller complained that a suitcase had been left on the company’s front lawn.
- At 10:27 p.m. police received a report from Locust Street about malicious destruction at the home. A picture window had been smashed.
Thursday, August 15
- At 12:12 a.m. a Holly Road caller reported someone was trying to gain entry to their home.
- At 8:25 a.m. on Middlesex Ave. a resident found the back window of their motor vehicle was smashed and items were taken from the car.
- At 3:34 p.m. a dog bite was reported, but the incident occurred in North Reading.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.