The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the Reading Police Department in recent days. The information is open to the public.
Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest
Following a traffic stop on Walkers Brook Drive at 5:01 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 19, police arrested Benjamin Ramos, 29, of 101 Myrtle Street, Lawrence, for operating a motor vehicle after a license suspension and operating a motor vehicle after suspension of registration.
Wednesday, September 18
- At 4:12 a.m. a complaint came in on Knollwood Road for a trash truck emptying dumpsters before 6 a.m.
- At 6:30 a.m. four citations were given for speeding on Main Street and Fairchild Drive.
- At 11:24 a.m. two bags of mulch fell off of a truck in the area of Hopkins Street.
- At 1:03 p.m. a bicycle was thrown over a locked fence on Haven Street.
- At 1:20 p.m. a child was reported missing from Birch Meadow Elementary School.
- At 2:41 p.m. a man was reportedly speaking with children at the high school.
- At 2:37 p.m. a woman was refusing to leave a residence on Grand Street.
- At 9:50 p.m. a Green Meadow Drive resident reported jewelry missing from her home.
Thursday, September 19
- At 2:14 p.m. an Arlington Street resident came home and found the door to the home was open.
- At 2:52 p.m. a motor vehicle was reportedly speeding head on towards a pedestrian.
- At 5:29 p.m. an automobile crash with a bicyclist was reported with unknown injuries.
- At 6:50 p.m. an unknown male and female were at a residence on Grand Street going through a house and car.
- At 11:09 p.m. a woman passed out on an MBTA train.