The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- At 7:19 a.m., a caller reported a car hitting a tree on Marblehead Street. The injuries were unknown. The lawn at 176 Marblehead Street was damaged.
- At 12:55 p.m., a caller reported a stolen cell phone.
- At 1:14 p.m., a caller reported needles found at Clarke Park.
Thursday, Jan. 10
- At 6:48 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. The injuries were unknown.
- At 9:54 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. One car was towed from the scene. The injuries were unknown.
- At 10:57 a.m., a Linwood Avenue resident reported that the rear window in her vehicle was shot by a BB.
- At 5:47 p.m., a caller reported finding a syringe on Park Street. Police retrieved the syringe.
Friday, Jan. 11
- At 10:31 a.m., a caller reported that two tires on his vehicle were slashed.
- At 12:40 p.m., an officer found multiple boxes outside of the post office that were opened and the contents missing. He notified the company they came from.
- At 4:33 p.m., a North Street resident reported finding screws in his driveway. The caller has found screws in his driveway several times in the past.
- At 9:34 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. Two cars were towed from the scene.
Saturday, Jan. 12
- At 9:44 a.m., a caller reported seeing a needle in front of St. Theresa's Parish the day before. Police were unable to locate the needle.
- At 11:08 a.m., a caller reported seeing human excrement on the slide at Ipswich River Park. Police reported that the vandalism was intentional.
Sunday, Jan. 13
- At 12:03 p.m., the manager from Wal-Mart reported that a male stopped for suspicion of shoplifting was getting unruly in his office. The male was advised of a no-trespass order and escorted off the property.
- At 1:34 p.m., a female walked into the police station and reported that the contents of her wallet were stolen inside Tedeschi's.
- At 4:24 p.m., a caller reported that a car drove into a tree and the porta-potty at Ipswich River Park.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.