On Tuesday, Dec. 31, at 11:06 p.m., police were called to Haverhill Street for a report of a motor vehicle crash with the car abandoned.
Following the incident, police located a 49-year-old North Reading, placed him into custody and brought him back to the Reading Police Department.
The man was summonsed for marked lanes violation, and leaving the scene after property damage. The man was not charged with operating under the influence as was initially reported in the police log.
The North Reading resident passed a breathalyzer test and instead only faces the two summons following the crash.
Monday, Dec. 30
- At 7:08 a.m. a woman fell on the ice and was reporting shoulder and knee pain on Hopkins Street.
- At 11:48 a.m. an alarm was reported as being audible several times throughout the morning on Davis Lane.
- At 3:09 p.m. a home was reported broken into with forced entry on Rice Road.
- At 4:30 p.m. an odor of gas was coming from outside of a business on Haven Street.
- At 9:44 p.m. a 45-year-old woman’s water broke in a car on Main Street. She is 37 weeks pregnant.