The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, Dec. 9
- At 4:15 p.m., a Burroughs Road resident reported that she found a gold wedding band on her street near the bridge about three weeks ago.
- At 5:46 p.m., an unknown caller reported that packages were stolen from on Lowell Road.
- At 5:48 p.m., an unknown caller reported a minor car accident on Main Street.
- At 10:33 p.m., a Lowell Road resident reported noise coming from the apartment above her. She believes it was a child running back and forth. The resident called again at 10:56 p.m. to report a loud banging coming from the apartment above her.
Saturday, Dec. 10
- At 12:18 p.m., a Timber Lane resident reported someone put white paint on the sign in front of their house.
- At 9:41 p.m., an Abbott Road resident reported fireworks on her street.
Sunday, Dec. 11
- At 5:32 a.m., two emergency callers reported a car accident on North Street. One car hit a tree. The driver, a 63-year-old North Reading resident, was transported to the hospital and summonsed for posession to distribute a Class D substance.
- At 11:39 a.m., a North Reading resident reported that while walking on Washington Street, she was approached by a male driving a peach Camry. The male asked her where the was located and if she needed a ride. She then saw the male in the library parking lot where he asked her again if she needed a ride.
- At 12:05 p.m., a Bishops Way resident reported that she noticed four fraudulent charges on her credit card.
- At 12:35 p.m., a North Reading resident reported that her 10-year-old daughter and a friend were playing at when a juvenile with a BB gun shot her daughter in the face and stomach. The juvenile will be charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
- At 3:09 p.m., a loss prevention officer from reported that he detained an employee that stole $700.
- At 5:34 p.m., a North Reading resident reported that his Ipod was taken from his pocket while he was at .
- At 6:03 p.m., a Peabody Court resident reported damage to the passenger side of her car. She just noticed the damage, but thinks it may have happened last week.
- At 6:18 p.m., a Burroughs Road resident reported hitting a dog on Main Street. The dog ran into the woods. Police were unable to locate the dog, which may have been a coyote.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.