The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:52 p.m. Wednesday, a caller reported a male, who may have been intoxicated and was swearing loudly, walking toward the nursing home on North Street. As a result of the call, police arrested Steven Cirone, 46, of 20 Aspen Rd. on a warrant.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- At 4:57 p.m., a caller reported erratic operation on Main Street.
- At 5:42 p.m., a caller reported men acting suspicious in a car on Main Street. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- At 1:10 p.m., a Loss Prevention Officer from Walmart reported two females involved in shoplifting. The females were gone when police arrived.
Thursday, Jan. 24
- At 12:34 a.m., a Lowell Road resident reported noise coming from an apartment near her. Police listened outside the apartment, but did not hear anything.
- At 11:11 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on North Street, a 19-year-old North Reading male was summonsed for operating a motor vehicle with a revoked or suspended registration, operating without liability insurance and speeding.
- At 3:46 p.m., a caller reported that someone stole her credit card and used it to charge $400 worth of merchandise at Walmart and $18 worth of stamps at the post office.
- At 7:38 p.m., a caller reported a dog locked in a parked car on Main Street. Police checked on the dog and he appeared to be okay.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.