The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the Reading Police Department in recent days. The information is open to the public.
Reading Police arrested John Ernest Buonopane, Jr., 24, of 48 Godfrey Lane, Fremont, N.H., on an outstanding warrant following a traffic stop on General Way and Walkers Brook Drive at 5:55 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 6.
Officers also took into custody Stephen Francis Socci, 26, of 83 Maple Street, Danvers. Socci was charged with illegal possession of a Class B substance.
Friday, September 6
- At 12:23 a.m. officers were called to Main Street near CVS for a report of two females and a male arguing in the area.
- At 7:58 a.m. a complainant at Reading Athletic Club was concerned about vehicles speeding in the parking lot.
- At 8:57 a.m. a woman with Alzheimer’s was reported missing in town. The 86-year-old woman was found unharmed.
- At 12:05 p.m. police received a complaint from a gas station on Main Street of a former employee sending threatening text messages.
- At 5:41 p.m. officers were called to Salem Street for a report of youths throwing water balloons at passing cars.
- At 9:10 p.m. three youths allegedly stole candy from Walgreens.