The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 12 p.m. Monday, Vincenzo Valenti, 20, of 15 Crane Ave., Peabody was arrested on Navillus Road on charges of possession of a class A substance, possession of a class B substance and on a warrant.
Monday, Dec. 10
- At 9:08 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Washington Street. The injuries were unknown.
- At 11 a.m., a Country Club Road resident reported that she put 55 Christmas cards in her mailbox on Sunday and left her home. When she returned later that day, the cards were gone.
- At 8:29 p.m., an Anglewood Lane resident reported that her mailbox was damaged.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
- At 7:55 a.m., a caller reported two males going house to house to go through the trash on Shasta Drive. The males were gone when police arrived.
- At 3:16 p.m., a caller reported receiving a fake check for something he was selling on Craigslist.
- At 3:37 p.m., a Liberty Lane resident reported that swings and other toys were missing from his backyard.
- At 8:10 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. The injuries were unknown.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
- At 2:45 p.m., a caller reported two males carrying a large television on Freedom Drive. An officer reported seeing the television on Park Street with other garbage earlier that morning. Police could not locate the males.
- At 5 p.m., a caller reported that her daughter was assaulted at the middle school. The caller was advised to call school officials. The principal will address the parents concerns and deal with all involved.
Thursday, Dec. 13
- At 5:25 a.m., a caller reported hitting a deer on Haverhill Street. Police were unable to locate the deer.
- At 9:20 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Haverhill Street, a 56-year-old North Reading man was summonsed for operating with a suspended license.
- At 12 p.m., a caller reported being a victim of identity theft.
- At 12:57 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Main Street.
- At 2:11 p.m., a Park Street resident reported that someone opened his mail and removed a check.
- At 5:01 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit while parked in a parking lot on Main Street.
- At 9:24 p.m., a caller reported hitting a deer on Park Street. Police were unable to locate the deer.
- At 11:15 p.m., a caller reported loud music coming from the Great American Tavern. Police confirmed that the base was loud and the manager of the restaurant had the DJ turn the music down.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.