The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department on Friday through Sunday, including a gas spill, a restraining order violation and theft of auto care products from a gas station.
Friday, May 13
- At 12:58 p.m., a motorist told police that another driver sideswiped his vehicle in the parking lot. The other driver left the scene.
- At 4:18 p.m., police and fire responded to the gas station after a vehicle lost its gas tank in the parking lot. About five or six gallons spilled on the pavement. Firefighters dried up the fuel and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At 5:12 p.m., police received a call about kids on bicycles doing tricks in a Main Street parking lot.
Saturday, May 14
- At 11:52 a.m., police responded to Susan Drive after a car’s driver’s side tires were slashed.
- At 1:35 p.m., police was contacted about a restraining order violation. Police will summons a Plaistow, NH, to court for that charge.
- At 3:40 p.m., a shopper reported that a man was trying to enter parked cars in the parking lot. The suspect was described as being about 20 years old, and was 6 feet tall and wearing a blue T-shirt and dark jeans.
- At 7:08 p.m., police responded to in front of concerning about 15 youths involved in physical altercations. Police spoke to some of the youths involved who said the altercation involved a girlfriend issue.
- At 7:35 p.m., police responded to concerning a fight at the bar. Officers spoke to one of the people involved. The other person left before police arrived.
Sunday, May 15
- At 8:56 a.m., police received a call about a man acting suspiciously on Chestnut Street. Police found the man was fishing and tried to engage the other person in conversation.
- At 12:33 p.m. a Lisa Lane reported a car screaming in a tree. Animal control wasn’t able to get the cat down from tree.
- At 1:32 p.m., an officer found a backpack behind the on Park Street. The bag contained alcohol. The officer threw out the alcohol at the station.
- At 1:36 p.m., a Lantern Lane resident called police after an unlocked motor vehicle was entered the previous night. Change was taken from the vehicle.
- At 5:11 p.m., police received a call from Main Street about possible marijuana use in a motor vehicle. The car left the area before police arrived.
- At 10:27 p.m., police received a call about three people going into a Main Street dentist’s office. Police arrived and found they were cleaning people.
- At 11:37 p.m., police responded to the Stop & Shop gas station after a report of a man walking near the gas pumps. The suspect, who was reported as being 6 feet, 4 inches tall, reportedly lives in the nearby trailer park. Police found that the door to the oil supplies had been lifted. Officers went to the trailer park, but no one answered the door. Police later saw the suspect in the area. They went back to the trailer and confiscated about 20 to 25 bottles of auto care products. Police are investigating.