The following was submitted by the :
Learn about the latest substance abuse and behavioral health policies, programs & resources at an Interactive Event:
The Reading Public Schools in concert with RCASA, Town and Police staff will host the 4th event in the series of community dialogue meetings to reduce substance abuse and violence in Reading. Events 1-3 were held in the fall of 2011.
Wednesday June 6, 2012- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hawkes Fieldhouse- 62 Oakland Rd. Reading
Deb Gilburg, Lead Facilitator Peter Hechenbleikner, Town Manager Dr. John Doherty, Supt. of Schools Chief James Cormier, Police Patty deGaravilla, Asst. Supt. of Schools Ellie Freedman, RMHS Principal Craig Martin, Coolidge Principal Doug Lyons, Parker Principal Tom Zaya, Wellness Chairperson Erica McNamara, RCASA Director
- STUDENTS in grades 9-11.
- PARENTS of students in grades entering 9-11 in the fall of 2012
- STAFF/VOLUNTEERS i.e. coaches, club advisors and other adult volunteers that work with students in the afterschool setting.
- LEADERS from the arts, business, sports, civic and faith sectors.
- ELECTED officials i.e. boards, committees, commissions and town meeting members.
- All RESIDENTS are welcome!
- NEW Underage Drinking prevention and alcohol compliance efforts will be shared
- NEW Chemical Health Regulations will be outlined.
- NEW Policies, Programs & Resources will be described.
- NEW opportunity to continue the work from fall 2011 to mobilize youth and adults to work together to address substance abuse and violence.
- Welcome in the fieldhouse
- Round table discussions
- Opening remarks from School, Town, Police & RCASA leaders on progress
Break out session
- Adult Learning Groups (cafe)
- Youth Learning Groups (fieldhouse)
Gather in the fieldhouse. Discuss learning group experiences.
Open Q & A with leaders