On Wednesday, Jan. 22, police made a traffic stop on South Street at 6:14 p.m.
As a result of the stop, officers took into custody Albert F. Vigeant, 72, of 291 South Street, Reading, and charged him with operating under the influence of liquor, second offense, marked lanes violation and operating without being a licensed drive.
Wednesday, Jan. 22
- At 1:15 a.m. a report of a carbon monoxide detector going off on Lewis Street was called into the station.
- At 8:05 a.m. two infants were left inside a motor vehicle in the Market Basket parking lot.
- At 9:53 a.m. a loose beagle was found and brought to Wakefield Animal Hospital.
- At 11:30 a.m. a resident reported assault. The woman said that a doctor was too rough and hurt her hand.
- At 1:25 p.m. youths were swearing in front of small children on Woburn Street.
- At 2:36 p.m. a woman reportedly tried to get a 12-year-old girl into a gray car on Hancock Street.
- At 4:58 p.m. a female came into the station to report a past road rage incident.