The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Monday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 6:24 p.m. Monday, Dillon P. Dwyer ,23, of 61 Ash St. was arrested on five outstanding warrants.
At 7:12 a.m. Tuesday, Matthew J. Mannering, 39, of 17 Village St. was arrested on Village Street on a warrant.
At 10:10 a.m. Wednesday, Eric M. Litalien, 17, of 25 Highland St. was arrested on Fairchild Drive on charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and larceny under $250.
Monday, Sept. 24
- At 3:51 p.m., a caller reported youths on the roof of the snack shack at Hunt Memorial Field. The youths were gone when police arrived.
- At 4:44 p.m., a caller from a High Street business reported that a customer refused to leave. A verbal no trespass order was given to the customer.
- At 6:31 p.m., a caller reported that her wallet was stolen from her vehicle.
- At 8:58 p.m., a caller reported that an intoxicated male kicked a car on William Road. Police held the male in protective custody.
- At 9:09 p.m., a caller reported that she returned home to find several of her doors open. Police reported that there did not appear to be forced entry and nothing was missing.
Tuesday, Sept. 25
- At 9:38 a.m., an employee from Reading Shell reported that a customer did not pay his inspection sticker fee. Police attempted to contact the customer, but were unable to. They will continue to try to reach the customer.
- At 3:26 p.m., a Washington Street resident reported that his bike was stolen.
- At 3:45 p.m., a resident reported finding several syringes in the High Street area. Police disposed of the syringes.
- At 3:55 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on West Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:18 p.m., a Marla Lane resident reported that a suspicious person was going door-to-door asking residents questions about people in the neighborhood.
- At 6:12 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. Three cars were involved. No injuries were reported.
- At 11 p.m., a Field Pond Street resident reported that youths stole his neighbors mailbox. The resident yelled at the youths while they were stealing the mailbox and they fled. Police located the mailbox and returned it to the homeowner. They were unable to locate the youths.
Wednesday, Sept. 26
- At 2:59 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Washington Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:29 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Franklin Street. No injuries were reported.
Thursday, Sept. 27
- At 9:44 a.m., an employee from a Main Street business reported a past larceny of lottery tickets. The suspect was spoken to by police and given a verbal no trespass order that will be followed up with a written no trespass order.
- At 7:35 p.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop, a male was given a bylaw citation for possession of under ounce of marijuana.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com