The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Monday. The information is open to the public.
At 11:53 a.m. Saturday, a caller reported a suspicious male and female on Lakeside Boulevard. The caller said that the pair approached her house and said that they were homeless vets and needed a ride to Lawrence. Another caller said that the pair approached and asked to use her phone. As a result of the call, the female was transported to the Andover line, but the male, Sean E. Burke, 28, of 6 Homestead Terrace was arrested on a warrant.
Friday, Dec. 14
- At 10:53 a.m., a caller reported seeing an operator and passenger smoking marijuana in a vehicle with a baby inside. Police stopped the car on Park Street and reported the incident to the Department of Children and Families to respond. Police found that the driver was not impaired after testing. The passenger of the vehicle was given a citation for possession of under one ounce of marijuana.
- At 1:03 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 2:26 p.m., a caller reported that there was an unattended rifle left at Clarke Park. Police responded and found that it was a BB gun rifle.
- At 2:45 p.m., officers stood at all of the elementary schools in town to provide a police presence.
- At 5:53 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. No injuries were reported.
Saturday, Dec. 15
- At 8:56 a.m., a caller reported that a male in a red sports car threw something out into the woods near Clarke Park and may have been involved in some drug activity. Police searched the area, but did not find anything.
Sunday, Dec. 16
- At 12:01 a.m., an emergency caller reported a robbery at Tedeschi's.
- At 8:12 a.m., an Oakland Road resident reported that someone broke into his vehicle.
- At 11:37 a.m., a Nutter Road resident reported that someone broke into his vehicle.
- At 2:57 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Harvest Lane. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:07 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on North Street. The injuries were unknown. The accident caused damage to two homes on North Street.
Monday, Dec. 17
- At 3:21 a.m., an emergency caller reported a car accident on Haverhill Street. The injuries were unknown and at least one vehicle was towed from the scene.
- At 6:58 a.m., a caller reported that a car crashed into a house on Chestnut Street. The car was towed from the scene and the building inspector approved the house for occupancy.
- At 9:18 a.m., a Southwick Road resident reported that his car was entered overnight, but nothing was taken.
- At 6:38 p.m., an employee from Walmart reported that someone stole a television.
- At 8:51 p.m., a Marshall Street resident reported that his neighbors Christmas music was too loud. The neighbor agreed to shut off the music at 10 p.m.
- At 9:56 p.m., police observed a male driving his car with a flat tire on Park Street. As a result, the 19-year-old North Reading male was held in protective custody.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.