The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Monday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, Nov. 30
- At 9:03 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on North Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:52 a.m., an employee from Walmart reported nine stolen batteries.
- At 9:48 p.m., a caller reported fireworks near Abbott Road. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
Saturday, Dec. 1
- At 12:12 a.m., a Lowell Road resident reported loud music coming from a neighbor's apartment. Police reported that the complex was quiet upon their arrival.
- At 1:50 a.m., a caller reported two males in the area of Oakdale Road dressed in all black, hiding behind bushes. Police were unable to locate the males.
- At 5:36 a.m., an officer reported that a car struck a deer on Lowell Road.
- At 1:29 p.m., a Southwick Road resident reported two males trespassing in her backyard. Police searched the area, but were unable to locate the males.
- At 2:02 p.m., a caller reported a man going into the woods with a rifle. Police spoke to the male who had a bow, not a rifle, and informed him that the archery season was over.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- At 3:52 p.m., an employee from Sullivan Tire reported hearing glass breaking in the back of the parking lot and then saw a car drive out of the lot. Police checked the area and found broken bottles on the property.
Monday, Dec. 3
- At 10 a.m., a caller reported that someone left nails around his truck tires.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.