The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 8:01 p.m. Saturday, as the result of a motor vehicle accident, Sean C. Breland, 18, of 7 Tremont St. Woburn was arrested on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of narcotics, failure to drive in the lane nearest the right and operating a motor vehicle with defective equipment.
Friday, August 16
- At 7:39 a.m., a caller reported a motorcycle accident on John Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:51 a.m., a caller reported finding a prescription bottle full of marijuana on the basketball court at the Joshua Eaton Elementary School.
- At 12:12 p.m., a Grove Street resident reported that his laptop was stolen from his unlocked car.
- At 12:26 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Lowell Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:22 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Woburn Street. The injuries were unknown.
- At 7:17 p.m., a caller reported that his car was stolen while parked at a pump at East Coast Gas. The vehicle was later recovered.
Saturday, August 17
- At 8:16 a.m., a Woburn Street resident reported that his vehicle was entered overnight and $180 was taken.
Sunday, August 18
- At 8:43 a.m., a West Street resident reported that his vehicle was hit overnight.
- At 7:23 p.m., an officer discovered new graffiti at Washington Park.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.