Today is Thursday, Feb. 16. Here are five things you should know.
1) Rain Possible. It will be partly cloudy today, with highs of 45 degrees. There is a 40 percent chance of rain this afternoon, according to Weather Underground. This evening, conditions will be overcast, with a 90 percent chance of precipitation, which will take the form of rain, before flitting between snow and rain after midnight. A low temperature around 36 degrees is expected.
2) Business Forum. focused on using the internet and social networking to grow businesses and connect with customers. The forum, held with the Malden Chamber of Commerce, will highlight ways for small businesses to utilize social networking platforms like Facebook and Twitter and other methods to increase a small business’ exposure. The forum is the fourth in Senator Clark’s small business series being held around the district.
3) Forum. Reading Community Television (RCTV) will air a at its studio, located at 557 Main St. today, from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. Camille Anthony and Robert Quinn are competing for one position, a three-year term on the Board of Assessors. Both candidates will discuss the role of the assessor as well as field a variety of questions from moderator Thomas J. Ryan, former Chairman of the Board of Assessors. The program will be shown live on Comcast channels 9 or 22, and Verizon channels 31 or 33.
4) Great Decisions. Would you like to learn more about U.S. foreign policy in an engaging community forum? The Library will host a for nine weeks. The series begins on February 2 and continues on Feb. 9, 16, 23, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 (with a snow date of April 5). This series will discuss many of the important foreign policy topics facing the United States.
5) Sports. The Reading High girls and boys indoor track squads are in action Thursday at the MIAA Division II Indoor Track Championships at the Reggie Lewis Indoor Track Center. The start time is still TBA. The boys hockey team is also in action, squaring off against powerful BC High at starting at 7:45 p.m. Click here for the complete RMHS schedule