Roads and sidewalks will be worked on throughout Reading this week. Take these street closures into consideration while traveling.
Main Street will be closed from Washington Street to the railroad crossing on Thursday, Oct. 18 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
There will be new concrete sidewalks and granite curbing installed on Highland Street between Federal and Auburn Street. The sidewalks on Bancroft Avenue will be worked on between Lowell and Auburn Streets.
According to the town of Reading's website, during daytime hours when construction is occurring all on-street parking within the sidewalk construction areas will be prohibited. Vehicles that interfere with the work will be towed.
The following streets are not yet scheduled for resurfacing:
- Pleasant Street - Manning Street to end
- Irving Street - Main Street to Pearl Street
- Boswell Road
The following roads are completed:
- Garrett Road
- West Street - Arcadia Avenue to Wescroft Road
- Sanborn Lane - Mill Street to Lilah Lane
- Sanborn Lane - Roma Lane to cul-de-sac
- Lilah Lane
- Thomas Drive
- Verde Circle
- Haven Street - Main Street to John Street
- Pond Meadow Drive