Jeffrey Struble, a current Bylaw Committee, Charter Review Committee and Town Meeting member, initially pulled papers to run for Board of Selectmen.
However, after exploring a possible run he decided against it because it would put restrictions on participating in building permits for his role as a structural engineering consultant in town.
"A time may come in the future when serving as a Selectman will be possible for me - and I do think I could do the job well - but at this point in time, I’m going to have to maintain my status quo," said Struble.
So instead of the 13 candidates to have emerged as last reported on Patch, there are now 12 in Struble's absence. Below is a complete list, as of January 21:
- Scott L. Davarich, School Committee
- Nicholas J. Face, School Committee
- John E. Brzezenski, Board of Library Trustees
- Kevin M. Sexton, Board of Selectmen
- John R. Halsey, Board of Selectmen
- Phillip N. Vaccaro, School Committee
- Jeanne M. Borawski, School Committee
- Alan E. Foulds, Moderator (Incumbent)
- Victoria V. Yablonsky, Board of Library Trustees (Incumbent)
- David P. Hutchinson, Board of Library Trustees (Incumbent)
- Thomas B. O'Rourke, Reading Municipal Light Board
- Robert H. Soli, Reading Municipal Light Board (Incumbent)