Today is Friday, Feb. 10. Here are five things you should know.
1) More sun, but ... Today will be sunny. With highs in the upper 40s and southwest winds of 5 to 10 miles per hour, according to Weather Underground. Gusts up to 20 mph in the afternoon are possible. At night lows will be in the 20s, with possible snow showers after midnight—a prelude for what may be on the docket for this weekend.
2) The Little Prince. as he visits many unique and wonderful places and meets unusual characters. This play based on the book by Antoine de Saint Exupéry and adapted by Rick Cummins and John Scoullar will be performed by the Reading Memorial High School Drama Department, Feb. 10,11 7:30 pm and Feb. 12 at 3:00 pm. Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for students and seniors and can be purchased through www.ticketstage.com or www.rmhsdrama.com.
3) Performance night. Join at the Creative Arts Winter Student Performance Night on Feb. 10th. Bring friends, family, neighbors—the event is FREE! Encourage the arts in your community!
4) Dracula. By Hamilton Deane and John Balderston, based on the novel by Bram Stoker. . A gothic setting, a sinister yet sensual bloodthirsty Count, his bug-eating minion, the young lady he chooses for his queen, and the people who love her and try to save her from his spell ... full of theatrical special effects, this stage adaptation of Bram Stoker's chilling tale will keep you on the edge of your seats.
5) Sports. Both girls and boys basketball teams are in action away from home on Friday, and both will square off against league opponent Belmont, with the boys tipping off at 5:30 p.m. and the girls underway at 7 p.m. The RMHS wrestling squad will compete in the Division 2 State Tournament hosted at Reading High. Starting time is still TBA. Click here for the complete Rockets schedule. Austin Prep. The Cougars hoopsters are in full action Friday, as both boys and girls are in action. The boys will travel to Boston to face dangerous Cathedral High, while the girls are home against Matignon at 6:30 p.m. Here’s the full AP schedule.