Following a loss in the second game of the season, the Reading High School football team has strung together consecutive victories. This weekend the Rockets seek a third straight win as they hope to continue their climb in the standings. Here are a handful of facts to get you ready for this week's game.
1. Who, What, Where, When: On Friday night at 6 p.m. the Reading football team travels to take on Belmont following last week's 35-27 win in Lexington.
2. The Road to 3-1: Reading toppled Dracut to start the year before a home loss to now first place Arlington. But the Rockets bounced back with victories over Winchester and Lexington. With a win this week, the locals will gain ground on someone. The two teams ahead of Reading in the standings - Woburn and Arlington - play each other on Friday night.
3. Scouting the Marauders: To make a long story short, there haven't been many high points so far for Belmont. The team is 0-5 on the year and have not come closer than 13 points in a game so far this year. Last week the team lost to unbeaten Woburn, 34-21.
4. Catch Up On the Rockets: To read more about the Reading football team, be sure to visit the team's website. Specifically, the team website also features a recap of last week's win over Lexington, complete with stats of note from the game. According to those stats, Liam Kenneally pounded for 128 yards and two touchdowns while Drew Belcher passed for 164 yards and a score in addition to a touchdown and 129 yards rushing.
5. Next Up: This week is the last scheduled road game for the Rockets. The team will conclude with a big home game next Friday against currently unbeaten Woburn and closes out the regular season on Thanksgiving when they host Stoneham.