The Reading High School football team beat Winchester last week and hopes to keep the momentum going this weekend as well. Here are five things to get you ready for the team's next game, scheduled for Saturday.
1. Who, What, When, Where: Reading travels to take on Lexington at 1 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. The Rockets are coming off of a 13-3 win last Saturday.
2. Road to 2-1: The Rockets enter the tilt with a record of 2-1 on the year. The team started its campaign with a comeback 22-21 win in Dracut, followed that up with a 17-14 setback against Arlington, and bounced back in last week's win against the Sachems.
3. Scouting Lexington: The Minutemen opened the season with a 46-25 loss against Wakefield and followed that up with another defeat at the hands of Concord-Carlisle, a 35-18 score. The team got its only win of the year the following week with a 42-27 game against Belmont before falling on the road, 35-27, in Woburn.
4. By the Numbers: Reading has scored an average of 16 points per game while the Rockets have let their opponents average just under 14 points per contest. Lexington, meanwhile, is putting up 28 points per contest while allowing foes to put up an gaudy 34 points per game.
5. Next Up: Following this weekend's contest, Reading has just three game remaining. The Rockets will travel to Belmont next Friday at 6 p.m., host Woburn on October 25 at 7 p.m. and finish the regular season with their Turkey Bowl tilt against Stoneham.