Calareso's Farm Stand and Garden Center
No matter what time of year, Calareso's is a spectacle. Calareso's Farm Stand and Garden Center has been family-owned for three generations: originally a fruit cart in the North End, Calareso's moved to Reading in 1952, establishing a landmark that's hard to miss for travelers on Route 28. In spring and summer, potted flowers paint the entire front facade. October brings corn and pumpkins waiting to be brought home. Winter is the season of pine trees and mulled cider at Calareso's.
Inside the store, customers are welcomed with the smell of freshly baked breads and desserts from the onsite bakery. Calareso's has a large meat and cheese selection which is brought in from Malden's famous Dom's Sausage and Butcher Shop. The fruits and vegetables, which are found globally, are boasted to be the freshest and most affordable in the area. Calareso's has fruit baskets available and they will also custom-create. The Garden Center, connected to the farm stand, has a large variety of annuals and perennials. They also sell cut flowers and flower arrangements, which make perfect gifts or centerpieces.
Calareso's strongly encourages its customers to join the Customer Appreciation Club and mailing list. This program gives customers access to special coupons and information about upcoming sales and events.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm; Sun, 8am - 7pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ground level, sidewalk accessibility
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1952
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Fresh produce, garden center
- Food & dining options: Low calorie, Natural, Vegetarian
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Grocery services: Bakery on premises, Cheese shop, Florist
- Firewood: Yes
- Ice: No