Chinatown Cafe in Reading Center is a small restaurant that specializes in Chinese, Polynesian and Szechuan cooking. The menu is standard, with appetizers, vegetable dishes and noodle dishes as well as beef, chicken, and pork selections. The menu also features house specials like General Gau Chicken and Hunan Beef. Chinatown Cafe has several lunch specials for less than $5.00 and two dozen additional lunch specials available between 11:30am and 3:30pm all week long. Specials are served with a choice of rice and an appetizer. There are also combination plates, which have larger portions than the standard lunch special. Chinatown Cafe also offers a Kid's Happy Box, featuring chicken fingers, chicken teriyaki and crab rangoon. There are only a few seating booths, because most of the business is generated through delivery and take-out orders. Delivery is available all day, though there is a two dollar delivery charge.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 11:30am - 9:30pm; Thu - Sat, 11:30am - 10:30pm; Sun, noon - 9:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at ground level, and there is sidewalk accessibility.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Chinese, Polynesian and Szechuan food
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Phone orders, Take-out
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Cuisine: Chinese, Polynesian
- Signature dishes: Four Happiness, General Gau chicken
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Beef and broccoli, General Gau chicken
- Price level: $$
- Features: Dinner, Lunch
- Dress code: Casual