People’s United Bank, the largest independent bank headquartered in New England, was founded in 1842. At the Reading branch, formerly a Danversbank branch, professional and knowledgeable staff will happily assist customers with all personal and business banking needs. Retail services offered by People’s include checking and savings accounts (including money market and CDs), student and auto loans, mortgages and real estate loans. Investments, including mutual funds, are offered through Olson Mobeck Investment Advisors. People’s has branch and ATM locations across Massachusetts and throughout New England. Visit the website for more information and online banking.
This People’s location is on the corner of Harnden St. and Salem St. facing Main St. There is additional parking in the rear off Pleasant St., behind Walgreens. There are two drive-through tellers and an internal ATM.
- Hours: Lobby and Drive-Through: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, 8am - 4pm; Thu, 8am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - noon
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp, accessible sidewalk, accessible back door
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Services: Asset management, Financial advice, Financing, Investment banking, Mortgage brokerage, Venture/angel capital
- Type: Business, Personal
- Products and services (banks and currency services): Auto loans, Business loans, Checking accounts, Credit cards, Home equity, IRAs, Money orders, Money wiring, Mortgages, Safe-deposit boxes, Savings accounts & CDs
- Features: ATM, Drive-up window, Teller service