Great American Tavern offers something for just about everyone. What appears to be a simple, neighborhood watering hole is actually a grand space housing two bars and dining spaces. One side is set up as a traditional bar with bar stools, booths and an open, standing space. The other side takes on a lounge-type ambience. Despite the difference, the casual feel remains.
The Great American Tavern serves more than just bar food. Patrons will indeed find choices like nachos, wings and fries, but they might be surprised to find those nachos are hand-cut tortillas, the wings are glazed in honey and the fries are tossed in truffle oil. Great American Tavern also serves a wide variety of American and regionally inspired dishes – from steaks and burgers to pasta and grilled pizzas.
If any of the home teams are playing, the tavern becomes a fan headquarters with 50-inch, widescreen, plasma TVs showing the game.
- Hours: Sun - Wed, 11:30am - 11:30pm (kitchen closed, 10pm; last call, 11pm); Thu - Sat, 11:30am - 1am (kitchen closed, 11:30pm; last call, 12:30am)
- Founding Date: 2011
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.greatamericantavern.net/GATavern_Dinner.pdf
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Barbecue, Burgers, Pizza, Sandwiches, Seafood
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual
- Features: Live music, Private parties
- Bar type: Sports bar
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Cocktails
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs
- Beer Types: Domestic, Imported